Thursday, March 25, 2010

OK, so I have shared a couple of musical gems thus far and I think that it is time for a change of pace. I went to a friends house the other day for supper and tried this recipe that was amazing! Now, I have to admit that i tried it purely to be polite. It is a Coconut chicken with an apricot dipping sauce.... and I like neither coconut or apricot. But I was pleasantly surprised. This will definitely go in my recipe file and be used many times for it is both yummy and easy. Two of my favorites!

Ingredients:
Chicken:
8 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
1/2 Panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup shredded coconut

Dipping Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar free apricot (or orange) preserves
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard

Instructions:
Marinate chicken in buttermilk in resealable bag. Combine Panko bread crumbs and coconut. Remove chucken from bag and coat with crumb/coconut mixture. Place chicken in a baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. Also, spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Turn chicken and cook 10 more minutes or until chicken is done. Serve with sauce.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment